KUALA LUMPUR，Sep 22 – “ Beautiful Ancient Capital , Amazing Nanjing” Short Essay Contest kicked off today. This short essay competition, is jointly organized by the China Cultural Centre in Kuala Lumpur（CCCKL） and Nanjing Tourism Southeast Asia promotion centre with the Media partner of Malaysia-China Insight. The contest starts today and will close on 21st Oct 2020.
Mr. Zhang Jiexin, director of China Cultural Centre in Kuala Lumpur , told bernama that this joint-event with Nanjing tourism is to get Malaysian people to better understand the tourist attractions , cultural traditions and city entertainments of Nanjing, the China’s ancient capital for 6 dynasties.
The China Cultural Centre in Kuala Lumpur (CCCKL), officially launched on 19 Jan 2020, is the official cultural and tourism institution operating in Malaysia under the purview of the Government of the People’s Republic of China , aiming at promoting bilateral cooperation in culture and tourism exchange between the two countries.
CCCKL is tasked to promote the image of China’s tourism, culture and art in Malaysia and Indonesia. Its mission is to enlighten and entertain through quality contemporary and traditional Chinese cultural content in order to strengthen bonds between China and other countries with mutual respect and ongoing partnerships.
Dato’ Keith li , the Chief representative of Nanjing tourism in Southeast Asia , announced that all Malaysians and foreigners holding long term visa in Malaysia can take part in this contest from 22nd September to 21st October 2020. Entry language could be either in Chinese or English.
The contestant need to submit a picture of Nanjing and give the reason why you love it within 150 words including title and punctuations.
The contestant also need to scan the QR code of designated official accounts and follow the account , then share the contest news of China Cultural Centre in Kuala Lumpur , Nanjing Tourism and Malaysia-China Insight.
CONTEST RULES AND GUIDELINES :
- Submit a picture of Nanjing’s tourist attractions, cultural customs or city appearance. (Picture can be downloaded from internet or submit own taken picture.) Write a short essay to state why you love this picture within 150 wordings including title and punctuation, one contestant is limited to one photo only.
- The contestants must be Malaysian or foreigners who are holding Malaysia long-term visa.
- Essay submission must be in ENGLISH.
- The contestants must “Follow” and “Like” the designated official account in No. 5 and share the contest news. Snapshot after followed, liked and shared. Send the snapshot together with an essay to : email@example.com
- Scan three QR code as at the bottom right. ( China Cultural Centre in Kuala Lumpur , Nanjing Tourism, Malaysia-China Insight)
- The contestants cannot disclose the content of essay to third party. Essay submission must be original content created by the contestant. If plagiarism or similar content are found, the organizer reserves the right to cancel his/her eligibility.
- The organizer reserves the right to interpret the rules and content of the contest.
The Contest will give out the below Prizes :
1st Prize x 1 : Gaochun Ceramics Tea Set (1 teapot + 2 cups)
2nd Prize x 2 : Nanjing Gold Leaf Decoration
3rd Prize x 3 : Nanjing Yunjin Brocade Wallet
Consolation Prize x 50 : Jasmine Pie
Contact persons: Chris lee & K.S. Chua @ firstname.lastname@example.org.