KUALA LUMPUR,Dec 11: The conditional movement control order (CMCO) for four districts in Kelantan will be lifted tomorrow, ahead of time.
Senior Minister for Security Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the districts were Kota Bharu, Machang, Tanah Merah and Pasir Mas, which had been placed under the CMCO from Dec 7 to Dec 20.
In a statement, he said this was on the advice of the health ministry, which had noted a decrease in Covid-19 cases in all four districts.
However, the CMCO for the subdistricts of Kubang Kerian, Kota Bharu, Kusial, Tanah Merah as well as the enhanced MCO for Madrasah Ad-Diniah Al Falahiah, Pasir Puteh will continue until Dec 20.
Ismail also announced that police arrested 260 individuals yesterday for offences related to the MCO.
Of the total, 245 people were issued compound fines while another 15 were remanded.
Most of the offences, he said, were for failing to wear face masks. Among the other offences included failure to practice physical distancing, failure to provide materials for contact tracing registration, and taking part in activities at entertainment centres.
A total of 2,902 compliance task force teams were deployed to conduct checks on supermarkets, restaurants, hawker stalls, factories, banks, government offices, as well as land, water and air transport terminals.
Police also detained 18 undocumented migrants and three smugglers yesterday under Ops Benteng. Three vehicles were also confiscated.
Ismail added that 86,097 people had arrived through KLIA from July 24 to Dec 10 from various countries.
Of the number, 543 people tested positive and were sent to hospital while 72,766 have been allowed to return home.
Some 12,788 people are currently undergoing mandatory quarantine.