SINGAPORE, Aug 4 — Singapore has preliminarily confirmed an additional 295 cases of COVID-19 infection in the past 24 hours, with seven imported cases.
The republic’s Ministry of Health, in its brief noon data released here, said all the imported cases had been placed on Stay-Home Notice upon arrival in Singapore.
The ministry said only two cases were reported in the community, involving a Singaporean and a work pass holder.
The rest of today’s cases are still made up of foreign workers residing in dormitories.
With the new cases, the total tally for the republic now stands at 53,346 cases.
In its full data released late Monday, Singapore classified 718 of reported cases as imported, 2,182 as community cases and 50,151 as dorm residents.
As at noon yesterday, 47,179 or about 89 per cent of the total cases have fully recovered from the infection and been discharged from hospitals or community care facilities.
There were 115 confirmed cases still in hospitals with most being stable or improving while one was in the intensive care unit.
A total of 5,730 patients with mild symptoms or clinically well but still tested positive for COVID-19 have been isolated and are being cared for at community facilities.
To date, 27 people have died from complications due to COVID-19 infection here.
While no new cluster was identified yesterday, two clusters were closed — Keppel Shipyard and Paya Lebar Quarter Tower 2 — as there have been no more cases in these areas for the past two incubation periods of 28 days.