KOTA KINABALU, Nov 13 — The Sabah government today expressed its appreciation for the sacrifices made by the Ministry of Health (MOH) staff, especially those on the frontline in the battle against COVID-19 in the state.
Chief Minister Datuk Hajiji Noor said MOH staff through their dedication and hard work under the leadership of Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah had done their best to fight the pandemic.
“I am happy to know that the COVID-19 situation in Sabah has begun to stabilise following the decline in the number of cases as announced by Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham yesterday, and many zones and districts in Sabah have turned green,” he said in a statement here tonight.
Meanwhile, Hajiji said the COVID-19 State Disaster Management Committee today received donations in the form of ventilators, x-ray machines, face masks and financial contributions to help fight the pandemic.
He said the Hap Seng Group through the Lau Gek Poh Foundation contributed RM2 million for the purchase of three mobile portable x-ray machines and 11 mobile ventilator units, while the Petronas Foundation handed over 1 million face masks, and Cement Industries Sabah contributed RM100,000.
Meanwhile, state Community Development and People’s Wellbeing Minister Shahelmy Yahya in another statement said that as of today, 164,591 food baskets had been distributed to the needy in 27 districts in the state.
He said today alone, 3,652 food baskets were distributed, namely in Beaufort (1,026), Kinabatangan (1,000), Tuaran (434), Kota Kinabalu (178), Tenom (141), Sandakan (116), Beluran (105), Nabawan (100), Ranau (95), Tongod (86), Penampang (76), Papar (59), Kuala Penyu (50), Pitas (42), Kunak (40), Sipitang (35), Putatan (28), Kota Marudu (21) and Telupid (20).