PETALING JAYA: The movement control order (MCO) will remain in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor and Penang, senior minister for security Ismail Sabri Yaakob said.
The MCO in the states will be extended from Feb 19 until March 4.
Meanwhile, he announced that several states with a decreasing trend in daily Covid-19 infections such as Kedah, Perak, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan and the federal territories of Putrajaya and Labuan will go under conditional movement control order from Feb 19 until March 4.
Ismail also said Perlis will go under recovery movement control order (RMCO) from Feb 19 until March 4. He added that Perlis is the only state under RMCO due to the low number of Covid-19 cases.
He said the SOPs and list of business and activities allowed for CMCO and RMCO states are similar to the one used last year.
This includes social gatherings such as weddings and reunion dinners, among others.
He added that dine-in will not be limited to two person per table in these areas but according to the size of the table and restaurant, saying that “there must be at least 1m of physical distancing between customers.”
He said economic activities in CMCO and RMCO states are also extended from 6am until 12am.
He also said more than two person are allowed in a car, depending on the vehicle’s maximum capacity.