KANGAR, April 14 — The ninth World Cup Woodball Tournament (WCWC Perlis), which was scheduled to be held here from July 24-30, has been postponed to July 23-28 next year.
Raja Muda of Perlis, Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Putra Jamalullail, who is also the patron of Perlis Woodball Association (PWNP) said the association had received an official letter from the International Woodball Federation (IWbF) through Malaysian Woodball Association (MWA), requesting the tournament to be postponed due to COVID-19.
“It is hoped that all parties who are involved in the planning and organisation of the tournament will continue with the preparation in their respective tasks as best possible,” he said in a statement issued by MWA today.
This is the second time the tournament was postponed, after it was rescheduled last year following the COVID-19 outbreak.
The event is set to take place at Syed Sirajuddin Areeb Putra Sports Complex, Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP) as one of its venues, while another venue is Datuk Sheikh Ahmad Square in Kangar, claimed to be the only woodball course suitable for night games.