SINGAPORE, Aug 18 — There were 100 new COVID-19 cases reported in Singapore in the past 24 hours with two of them imported, bringing the total to 55,938.
According to brief data released by the republic’s Ministry of Health (MOH) today, both the imported cases had been placed on Stay-Home Notice upon arrival in Singapore.
Based on its investigations so far, the ministry said there was one case in the community who is a Singaporean.
The vast majority of the cases, meanwhile, involve work permit holders currently under quarantine.
In full data released late Monday, the ministry said there were about 18,600 workers still serving out their quarantine period.
As at noon yesterday, the republic had classified 812 of the reported cases as imported, 2,206 as community cases and 52,820 as dorm residents.
A total of 52,350 patients or about 94 per cent of the cumulative number of cases have fully recovered from the infection and been discharged from hospitals or community care facilities.
Meanwhile, 82 confirmed cases are still in hospital but none in the intensive care unit.
A total of 3,379 patients who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still tested positive for COVID-19, have been isolated and are being cared for at community facilities.
To date, 27 people have died from complications due to COVID-19 in the republic.
While no new cluster was identified, three more clusters have been closed.