PETALING JAYA,Feb 10: Health minister Dr Adham Baba said there were no new Covid-19 cases from interstate travel clusters yesterday.
In a statement today, he said the ministry recorded 31 clusters involving interstate travel from Dec 7, 2020 until Feb 8.
Adham added that these clusters were responsible for 4,376 Covid-19 cases that had been reported in Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Kedah, Perak, Negeri Sembilan and Sarawak, with the index cases having originated from Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Penang, Johor, Melaka and Sabah.
“This is a good development, which illustrates the effectiveness of tighter enforcement implemented under the movement control order since Feb 4.
“This development also shows an increase in awareness among all parties and the effectiveness of complying with interstate and inter-district travel restrictions, aside from practising the ‘new normal’, as repeatedly advised by the health ministry.”
However, Adham did not provide any details on the total number of people from these clusters who had been tested for Covid-19 and how many are still awaiting the result of their tests.
Yesterday, health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah reported that there were 2,764 new cases.
Adham said this was a drastic improvement compared with the record-high of 5,728 daily cases recorded on Jan 30.