Kuala Lumpur, June 12 — The letter of approval that companies previously obtained via the Covid-19 Intelligent Management System (CIMS) for the movement control order (MCO) 3.0 beginning June 1 will be valid throughout the two-week extension period from June 15 to June 28, according to the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) today.
It said this via a statement today, following the announcement of the extension of the full MCO or MCO 3.0 yesterday.
The extension was decided based on the recommendation of the Ministry of Health (MoH) during the National Security Council special meeting yesterday, chaired by Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin. “The decision was made after taking into account high daily new Covid-19 cases of above 5,000, with average daily new cases of 6,871 as of yesterday,” Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said in a statement.
Ismail Sabri also said that the standard operating procedures (SOPs) remain unchanged from what were announced previously for the June 1 to June 14 period, and that the SOPs are available for reference at www.mkn.gov.my.